Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas Break Shenanigans

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the holidays, I'm currently beginning the pre-school return freak out, UGH and it's freezing where my university is!! I don't even know how I thought the weather wouldn't bother me once I got there haha. I've certainly enjoyed staying home this break though. My best friend's grandparents came over from Japan in December, so I entertained them with Nazo Nazo and fruity alcohol haha

I made my friend's family chocolate corones so I could make something challenging! But the Cooking with Dog recipe only yields 6 pieces... which was the exact number of her family members currently in her house... so I had to wing it and give it to them without tasting it first omg! But they said it was good so my bread making skills are off to a good start~ We had a takoyaki party (of course lol) and for dessert my best friend made us strawberry mousse; so good!! I love hanging out at her place, even though she finds her own house not that exciting.
My bestie's family always brings back omiage from Japan after summer break. So here are the delicious cookies we had as tea time in June before leaving for college. We both forgot where they were from though, oops~
I feel like 2014 is going to be a very promising year. I have many New Years Resolutions that I want to work really hard on. 
  1. Find someone worthy to love. I actually want to know how it feels like to fall in love with someone, even if it's just a little bit.
  2. Relax and learn how to take a break. I always feel like I'm not doing enough, and it's not good. I need to get out because it's good after working so hard.
  3. Make healthy choices for as many meals possible. I know I may slip, but instead of making the whole day a slip up, that meal alone can be the slip up.
  4. Stretch. I almost got the splits but I totally left stretching out of the picture last semester. Never again!
  5. Be frugal with my cash. I'm lucky enough to have a lot of pocket money, and I always feel like it's endless but that's not the smart way to go about my finances. Also, I should keep tallies on how much I spend and where, instead of just using my debit card and saying no to receipts.
Finally, to make sure we record this year well, my friends and I will take selfies everyday (or at least try) so we see how we've grown over the year! And I want to get a mason jar so I can write down good events and slip them into the jar to read at the end of the year. Here's to making 2014 one of the best years ever! Good luck everyone *^_^*

1 comment: